We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone taken a Queen Jean evening Cruise?

Dublin, Ohio
Level Contributor
6 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic

In the Country, NY
Destination Expert
for Surf City
Level Contributor
3,546 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Has anyone taken a Queen Jean evening Cruise?

I have never heard of it, any more information on it? Does it leave from someplace around Topsail?

Mentioned in this post
Topsail Beach
Topsail Beach
Topsail Island, NC
kentucky
Level Contributor
109 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Has anyone taken a Queen Jean evening Cruise?

Queen Jean Sailing out of Topsail Beach is located at the Assembly Hall .

www.fishtopsail.com/ (Same folks that own Vonda Kay)

There is the Belle in Surf City that does a cruise but it is a "dinner cruise" and more than we want to spend. Queen Jean site says you can bring your own drinks (no alcohol) and food.

I have not been on their cruise but I'd like a review also. We will be in TI late Sept and would love to take an evening cruise. The sound is so beautiful at sunset and there are the Dolphins.

So ohio 08 have a fantastic vacation and please do a review if you take their cruise! Photos would be great!

They also do deep sea fishing so maybe somebody who has done that can post some photos of the boat?

Mentioned in this post
Topsail Beach
Topsail Beach
Topsail Island, NC
Surf City
Surf City
Topsail Island, NC
Cary, North...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Has anyone taken a Queen Jean evening Cruise?

My family and I just took the evening cruise on 7/12/12. It was a nice activity before dinner (ate at the Breezeway Restuarant....not a good experience) . My only complaints are...the music played during the cruise was very loud and some of the music was not "fitting" for a nice, relaxing summertime cruise. Also, smoking is allowed. That was a huge downer since the stinky smell was distracting. Finally, (and this is being a bit picky, I know) but a crew member tossed his cigarette into the water as we were docking. I hate littering and this was just irritating to me. So, even with these little frustrations, I would recommend taking the cruise.

NC mountains
Level Contributor
755 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Has anyone taken a Queen Jean evening Cruise?

We are doing it tonight. Will let you know how it goes. :)

Dublin, Ohio
Level Contributor
6 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Has anyone taken a Queen Jean evening Cruise?

We are down here now, how did it go?

NC mountains
Level Contributor
755 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Has anyone taken a Queen Jean evening Cruise?

We really liked it. It was a little over one hour. We stood on one side of the boat, and we saw the inland waterway houses, the greenery, all the boats and floats and other water craft, and the missile lookout towers. We stood on the other side of the boat, and we saw dolphins three times during the trip; some were within 10 feet of the boat. The music was very fitting; beachy tunes including Jimmy Buffett, Spinners, B-52's, KC and the Sunshine Band, etc. You can take snacks and BYOB on the night cruise (none is sold). Overall, a nice excursion for just $15/person. Have fun!

NC mountains
Level Contributor
755 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Has anyone taken a Queen Jean evening Cruise?

Forgot to mention the pirate ship, manned by a "real" pirate. That was a sight to see. :)

kentucky
Level Contributor
109 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Has anyone taken a Queen Jean evening Cruise?

Thanks y'all for the reviews. Too bad about the smoking and littering :-(

Dolphins! Yippee!

NC mountains
Level Contributor
755 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Has anyone taken a Queen Jean evening Cruise?

Yes, I did not see anyone littering. I would have said something if I did. I did, however, see a crew member smoking. I am hoping that he butted in a can. :\

Brunswick, Ohio
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Has anyone taken a Queen Jean evening Cruise?

Didn't take the evening cruise but did the half day fishing trip and absolutely loved it. The captain and crew know their business and make the trip easy and enjoyable. We caught lots of fish; several were keepers with many more throw backs. All were fun to catch. Highly recommended!

Get answers to your questions about Topsail Island