We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Virgin Holidays Gold Award.

france
Level Contributor
1,029 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Virgin Holidays Gold Award.

Just for info...

Centara has been awarded a gold award from virgin holidays for best hotel Indian Ocean.

glad next holiday is booked - it could mean price hikes !!

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Virgin Holidays Gold Award.

Looks like you picked well!! Always good to have your choice validated:))

Hampshire
Level Contributor
2,386 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Virgin Holidays Gold Award.

Hi

After visiting 2 days ago I am reconsidering my reservation for May 2012 - the island just seems too busy and un-Maldivian.

I am unsure of the selection criteria that Virgin use - but Best Hotel Indian Ocean - really?

Richard

PurelyMaldives

staffordshire UK
Level Contributor
456 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Virgin Holidays Gold Award.

best hotel with best profit margin for virgin, beware travel companies awarding their own product with their own award...marketing????

france
Level Contributor
1,029 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Virgin Holidays Gold Award.

I think the award was given on the below taken from the virgin website, so does not mean "it's the best island in the maldives" which of course - I am aware of, but none the less I found it interesting.

"We are auditing our hotels to check that they are operating in an environmentally and socially responsible way, using the criteria of the Federation of Tour Operators's Travelife Sustainability Award. Using this scheme, hotels are rewarded with Bronze, Silver, or Gold awards according to their sustainability performance, and recommendations are made on how to improve.

Measures include energy management, water management, waste minimization, conservation and biodiversity, treating people fairly, how to choose suppliers, benefiting communities and vulnerable groups and helping staff and customers understand environmental and social issues."

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Virgin Holidays Gold Award.

Seems fair enough to me...It would be difficult for us to judge those things as we don't have the right info, but if you were going to judge a hotel,this should be part of the criteria, as everything else is subjective and based on personal taste or opinion, and as we all know, everyones opinion and tastes differ very widely:))

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
9,417 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Virgin Holidays Gold Award.

Cassie

Thanks for the clarification. So it's not actually a measure of anything to do with the reasons people choose a hotel when they go on holiday: excellent location, excellent food, excellent service, excellent accommodation etc etc

OD

7. Re: Virgin Holidays Gold Award.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:20 am, December 14, 2012