We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Planning Bunratty visit with late medieval dinner

S W
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Topic
Planning Bunratty visit with late medieval dinner

We have the late medieval dinner reservation (with a waitlist for the earlier) and I'm not sure how to plan our time (me, my husband and two children 14 and 11) We would like to visit the village, castle , etc. but if I am reading things correctly they close early and then we have a few hours gap until dinner. Am I correct about that gap and any ideas of how I could be smart with my time?

We are staying at Adare so I guess we could go and come back but I think it's a bit a trip for that. I'm open to suggestions :) Thank you!!

4 replies to this topic
Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
57,095 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Planning Bunratty visit with late medieval dinner

Whst time of year?

S W
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Planning Bunratty visit with late medieval dinner

Sorry! SOON July :}

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
57,095 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Planning Bunratty visit with late medieval dinner

No, my mistake, should have remembered if must be sometime in summer if they're having a late banquet...just didn't want you driving around in the dark. :)

So...the "formal" tourist spots will likely be closed, but you have plenty of options for a nice drive that won't have you going back and forth to Adare. A drive to Ennis maybe, or Killaloe, just to get out and see the town and stretch the legs. (And maybe just one ice cream a couple of hours before dinner won't spoil things, right?)

You could easily kill an hour or more on a walk around the Shannon Estuary if I could remember how to find it...(Ferdia, where are you?)

Blarney Woolen Mills in Bunratty if it won't kill the guys to go shopping lol, although I'm not sure how late they're open.

Any combination of any of the above along with an hour hanging out with a coffee or drink outside at the Creamery or Durty Nelly's (The latter not my favorite) might not be the first choice for the kids but if it's only an hour so they'll survive, right? :)

Edited: 9:53 pm, June 30, 2014
S W
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Planning Bunratty visit with late medieval dinner

All sound fun! thank you! will check them out! Could I also do the "formal" tourist spots another day and instead do the Cliffs of Mohr early and then have the dinner? We are lucky and 4 days in the area :)

Reply to: Planning Bunratty visit with late medieval dinner
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted