We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kinsale and Connemara

England
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
Kinsale and Connemara

Has anyone any suggestions for child friendly (age 4) activities in the Kinsale and Connemara areas, which will be open in June? We will have a car, and will be staying a week in each area. Any recommended beaches (assuming we have any beach weather!)

And finally, for an England football fan who is regretting the timing of our holiday, will the World Cup be shown on Irish television?

Ireland
Level Contributor
2,858 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kinsale and Connemara

I can only really answer the World Cup question Im afraid. I opened this as you have placed it in the Bunratty Co Clare Forum.

Still,

The World Cup. The biggest football event in the world. Come on mrsmoomin, do you really have to ask?

Half of the UK club teams players come from Ireland? I say we have a slight vested interest in watching the matches.

After the first television was imported into Ireland last year we also got Sky that day. LOL

Every Pub has SKY Sports*. Every Hotel has SKY, every B*B at least has terrestrial TV anyway.

You will have no fear.

Sorry I cant help about Kinsale though.

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
Level Contributor
27,283 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kinsale and Connemara

Hi there,

Clonakilty, Co Cork has a lovely Model Railway Exhibition which your child may enjoy (my kids enjoyed it)

Garretstown Beach is near to Kinsale and is a great beach.

Fota Island is near Cobh and has a fabulous Wild-life Park. Definately worth visiting.