We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bunratty Folk Park ???

Orlando, FL
Level Contributor
1,040 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Bunratty Folk Park ???

Hi Everyone: Just wondering how much time I should allot for the Park (off season Febr) to see most of it? Flight arrives at 6:10AM, so I was thinking of dropping off luggage at my B&B...Ashgrove House (JUST KIDDING EVERYONE)...no really, at "Park House" and then heading over to the Park after maybe a short (jet lag) nap. Then doing the banquet dinner that night.

Next morning, heading to Galway...estimate abt. 1-2 hour drive from Bunratty...for possible ferry jaunt to Aran....Brrrrrr ;-)

Thanks and Hello to bean, gariem, Boru, IrishFan, Marie & all others who have been so helpful....

Orlando, FL
Level Contributor
1,040 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
61. Re: Bunratty Folk Park ???

Thanks Irishfan! I could "take it, or leave it"...but my friend seems to really want to do the medieval dinner. I think I'll "play it by ear" and decide when I get there, cause there shouldn't be a problem getting in at that time of year. Have a good one!

Whitney, Texas
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
13,791 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
62. Re: Bunratty Folk Park ???

cruiseking, durty nellies food is wonderful and so is the creamery restaurant across from durty nellies but i wouldn't miss the banquet at bunratty castle...it is wonderful and like going back in time 500 years..too, as boru said, it's a holiday....

but you of course have to decide, whatever you end up doing you will have a wonderful time.....