We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sands hotel

Which Tramore hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Callan, Ireland
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Topic
Sands hotel

What a sh'

t hole . Went in yesterday with the wife and mother in law for dinner and it was a disgrace. The two waitresses that were working had no idea how to operate. They could not understand basic English. I have no problem whatsoever with foreigners but when they can not even understand an order from their own menu it's bad. Obviously they were hired for their looks rather than than their ability or table manner. One man actually had to get out of his seat to point out brown bread on someone else's plate because the waitress hadn't a clue what he was looking for. After our main course which was only all right it took nearly twenty minutes to get their attention to find out what was on the desert menu but of course she had no idea and had to go and findout which took another tin minutes. The mother in law wanted hot apple pie and cream, you wouldn't believe the confusion this caused . She had to back into the kitchen and get the other waitress before they could figure out what we looking for. I've been to restaurants all over the world and even though I dealt with foreign waiters or waitresses I never saw anything like this. An absolute disgrace , won't be back.

13 replies to this topic
Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
Level Contributor
26,278 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sands hotel

Using bad language and racist comments aren't doing your case any good.

When you calm down write a review here, omitting the bad language and the comments about nationalities and physical attributes. Focus on the poor service. What was the food like after all that?

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g212525-d6417…

Edited: 5:46 am, August 12, 2013
Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Austria
Level Contributor
17,371 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sands hotel

agreed! inappropriate post on a forum. if the op wants to, he should post on the REVIEW threads.

Callan, Ireland
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Sands hotel

Read the post again and point out where I used bad language or was racist .And by the way I did mention the food You in your narrowmindness seem to be missing the point.

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
Level Contributor
26,278 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sands hotel

Yes you mention the food but you don't say whether the food was good, bad or indifferent.

And the bad language is at the top of the thread. You may be trying to disguise it to avoid the controls on the website but its still patently obvious.

I'm not narrow minded. A review should be in the Reviews Section. Making comments about someone's nationality or physical attributes when in reality it is their ability to do the job that is the stumbling point makes you less credible as a reviewer.

As they say in sport, tackle the ball not the player.

Callan, Ireland
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Sands hotel

Wake up lad.I made a comment on the treatment received and you want to turn it into an international issue.

Callan, Ireland
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Sands hotel

By the way bean I"v just been reading some of your previous posts, my god do you ever be off these forums. You seem to have missed some bad language in other posts ,,oops. Too have to be more vigilant.... nosey part.

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
Level Contributor
26,278 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sands hotel

Your comments are racist. Racism has no place on a forum like this.

You need to wake up "lad". Rude and racist comments aren't doing your complaints any good - valid though your complaints about the service may well be.

Edited: 6:46 am, August 12, 2013
Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Austria
Level Contributor
17,371 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sands hotel

bean a. I agree with you wholeheartedly. maybe the posters name is a clue?

that sort of comment and language is not a good advertisement for the irish!

Callan, Ireland
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Sands hotel

Now who's being racist ?.

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Austria
Level Contributor
17,371 posts
69 reviews