We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Killaloe for a hen?

Which Killaloe hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ireland
Level Contributor
26 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Killaloe for a hen?

Hi there,

I'm thinking of heading to Killaloe for my hen weeekend. Would you reccommend it for good food and night life? Also are there self catering houses/apartments together? There would be about 15-20 if us.

Thanks - Christine

Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle
Level Contributor
9,983 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Killaloe for a hen?

to be honest, "nightlife" would be limited. We stayed in Mountshannon for a hen,ate in Ballina(the other half of Killaloe.)Bride was happy to go back to the house and play games have a few drinks, but I wouldn't go there for a hen again.

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
Level Contributor
25,955 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Killaloe for a hen?

Harvey, that must have been some WILD hen, lol!! And I agree, Killaloe is not a place I'd think of for a hen or a stag party.

Christine, if you're going in that direction, Limerick might be worth considering.

Luigi Malones on O'Connell Street has lots of Hen Parties every Saturday night and caters for them well.

www.luigimalones.com/ Their food is excellent.

The Clarion Suites on the Ennis Road are very comfortable, only 1.5 miles from the city centre and reasonably priced www.clarionhotelsuiteslimerick.com

Ireland
Level Contributor
2,569 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Killaloe for a hen?

There must be an underlying reason why you choose Killaloe for a hen night, possibly family(free accomodation). Let us know.

I agree with both the other comments. As I have been out socially in Killaloe many times I must tell you that the place is not suitable for a hen.

They have pubs and alcohol and a nightclub across the bridge in Ballina BUT if a hen turned up in Killaloe or Ballina the whole place would hear about it.

Its a small sleepy village.

Take the advice of Bean, head into Limerick City.

If you have accomodation in Killaloe then hire a mini bus to bring you in and collect you later on.

You will have a much better night in Limerick City.

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Loughrea, Southport, Clifden, Connemara
Level Contributor
18,388 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Killaloe for a hen?

Try this link : http://www.discoverkillaloe.com/Nightlife.htm

Ireland
Level Contributor
26 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Killaloe for a hen?

Thanks to all for your replies, think that satisfies my question! No underlying reason for Killaloe just googled for holiday homes around Ireland and that popped up and it said it had good nightlife! Somehow from what ye tell me, I'd say Killaloe would be left shaking were we to go! Thanks again

Ireland
Level Contributor
2,569 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Killaloe for a hen?

I was in Killaloe this morning and it was sooo quiet there was nearly a tumbleweed blowing by and this thread ran through my mind.

I shuddered at the thought of a hen party coming down the hill towards me if I were in one of the many old man bars.

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
Level Contributor
25,955 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Killaloe for a hen?

Put the coronary care unit in the Regional on stand-by Bertie, lol!!

8. Re: Killaloe for a hen?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:27 am, February 11, 2010