We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wedding August 2010

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
102 reviews
Save Topic
Wedding August 2010

Myself and 2 friends are travelling over to Letterkenny for a wedding in Aug 2010. We are looking to make a small break out of it since none of us have been to Ireland before.

We need cheap and cheerful accommodation from 11th-13th/14th August. We're dlexible on the leaving date as we're aware that the 14th is a Friday and this is likelt to push up our costs.

The wedding itself will be at the Radisson but we have a hire car so as long as the accommodation isn't more than a 10 minte drive we'll be fine.

Does anyone have any suggestions? A lot of the places I have been looking at online only appear to lease their places for a whole week...

Dublin
Level Contributor
3,297 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wedding August 2010

Suggest you look at locations in and near Ramelton (aka Rathmelton) just north of Letterkenny. It's about a 10/15 minute drive and is a pleasant location for a few days break. However, it may not be any cheaper than Letterkenny but it's a prettier location.

In terms of places that are cheap, cheerful and available for a few days, you may struggle a bit, as August is peak season and house owners, as you note, are reluctant to agree to lettings of less than a week.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wedding August 2010

Thanks for the advice. I think I'd rather stick with Letterkenny since otherwise it means getting taxis to/from the evening do. We can always drive to the place you mentioned.

I hope we won't find it too hard.. I really wanted to do some exploring! It seems that most small cottages (self catering) are around £300-£350 per week. It's still cheaper than the £60 each we're looking at for a B&B for the 3 nights!

3. Re: Wedding August 2010

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, May 15, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Letterkenny
Recent Conversations