We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants in Leixlip?

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
5 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants in Leixlip?

Could anyone recommend a restaurant or two in Leixlip, Co. Kildare, please?

Thank you!

Co. Kildare
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
8,729 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants in Leixlip?

Hi TinyLIttleFeet, this is your local Leixlip resident speaking... May I ask why you're coming to Leixlip for dinner?

I can recommend the following:

1. Leixlip House Hotel (www.leixliphouse.com/).The Bradaun Restaurant is very good (they also have an "Early Bird Menu") but you can also have very good food in the bar. Reservations are recommended.

2. The sister hotel Liffey Valley House Hotel (www.liffeyvalleyhouse.com/) is supposed to be very good for carvery lunch on a Sunday. I haven't been there in a while but have had gorgeous sandwiches there and to sit out on the terrace on a sunny day overlooking the Liffey Valley is just great. The restored walled garden is lovely!

3. One of the best Chinese restaurants I have ever come across: Miss Wong at Ralph Sqare (Tel. o1-624 71111/624 7080). They also serve other than Chinese cuisine (Japanese, Thai).

4. Another very good Chinese restaurant is the Amber Regent (Tel. 01 -6245004) but we prefer Miss Wong.

There is also a nice Indian restaurant (Taste of India) but it's very small and feels more like a take-away but the food is delicious.

There are also Becketts and the Courtyard Hotel but in all honesty I

cannot recommed them.

5.The carvery lunch in the Three Sisters (on Main Street) is also supposed to be good but I cannot comment since I haven't eaten there.

Please let me know what you decide and how you liked it.

Wicklow
Level Contributor
7 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants in Leixlip?

Hi there

I am taking my husband on a surprise flight at the Weston airport and we will be looking to spend the early evening and a night over in the area. Can you recommend anywhere close we might visit and eat dinner/stay overnight? Not too expensive. Is Athy very far? Is it worth seeing? Hes very outdoorsy loves walking, rambling...

Many many thanks to anyone who replies

Co. Kildare
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
8,729 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants in Leixlip?

KatherineHepburn, I think Leixlip might fit the bill. It's quite close to Weston and you could check out the Ryeview B&B at www.ryeview.ie/

For eating out I would recommend the Leixlip House Hotel (www.leixliphouse.com/history.html), the bar food is really very nice and the hotel is just about a hundred yards from the B&B. If you fancy Chinese then Miss Wong's (Ralph Square and again, not far from the B&B) is a great restaurant. The Salmon Leap Inn on the other side of the Toll Bridge in Leixlip (it's actually in Co. Dublin) is good traditional pub. There are more pubs in the town but we prefer the Salmon Leap.

There are beautiful walks through Lucan Demesne in the Liffey Valley from Leixlip to Lucan. I can give you more information on those if you decide on Leixlip.

Dublin
Level Contributor
23 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants in Leixlip?

AlVitos is a lovely Italian restaurant, the food is delicious and the owner, Gianni, is lovely!

Co. Kildare
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
8,729 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants in Leixlip?

I haven't recommended Al Vito's in Leixlip because I don't care much for it. It's so-so.

Wicklow
Level Contributor
7 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants in Leixlip?

hi clauds, snugglebunkins

thanks for all your help -

we stayed in Becketts Hotel and when we arrived they had upgraded us to the Bridal Suite (I just mentioned it was a birthday trip)The rooms were contemporary, well designed & very relaxing. They couldnt have been nicer. Tiny Little Feet, we ate dinner in the restaurant, and its great - not at all like a sterile hotel restaurant,its very 'buzzy' lots of atmosphere and warm friendly attentive service. My husband said it was the best duck he'd ever eaten.

Co. Kildare
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
8,729 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurants in Leixlip?

Hi KatharineHepburn, thanks for the feedback. I'm glad you had a positive experience in Beckett's.

Whitney, Texas
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
13,791 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurants in Leixlip?

i agree with clauds on leixlip house...it was fantastic...one of the best meals i had in ireland and next week when i get myself back together i am going to do a trip write up and do some b&b, and eatery reviews.....

oh did clauds mention everything in leixlip is uphill?.....hehehehe....

9. Re: Restaurants in Leixlip?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:22 am, September 25, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Leixlip
Recent Conversations