We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ballyvaughan during Matchmaking Festival?

Loveland, Colorado
Level Contributor
24 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Ballyvaughan during Matchmaking Festival?

Hello,

I am planning on staying in Ballyvaughan for the first week of October with my two kids ages 9 and 14. I see that the Matchmaking Festival in nearby Lisdoonvarna will be going on at that time.

Does anyone know how much that will affect things in Ballyvaughan?

It sounds like it would be fun to experience more trad. music and dancing than at other times of the year. But is it the right atmosphere for families with kids?

Also, I am terrified of driving in Ireland as it is, and am wondering if the extra traffic will make it twice as scary.

Any info would be soooo appreciated!

Fanore, County Clare
Level Contributor
644 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Ballyvaughan during Matchmaking Festival?

The Matchmaking Festival in Lisdoonvarna is in full swing for the month of September and it is really winding down by the first weekend in October..Ballyvaughan is 10 miles from Lisdoonvarna so it will not be affected by any increase in traffic.It is not particularly of interest to children and most of the activities take place in pubs where the average age would be 65/70.You will enjoy Ballyvaughan with the Birds of Prey centre, Ailwee caves and nearby Fanore beach for surfing, swimming and hiking.The Burren is a spectacular limestone landscape with a wealth of ancient ringforts and tombs.

Loveland, Colorado
Level Contributor
24 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ballyvaughan during Matchmaking Festival?

That's great news, and thank you so much for your reply!

3. Re: Ballyvaughan during Matchmaking Festival?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 pm, January 09, 2016