We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Burren Hillwalks with Shane Connolly

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
13,840 posts
375 reviews
Save Topic
Burren Hillwalks with Shane Connolly

I think my review of the above speaks for itself ;-))

Bottom line: Miss this at your peril when you are in beautiful County Clare

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g212514-d154…

Mentioned in this post
County Clare
County Clare
Province of Munster, Ireland
Ennis, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,377 posts
234 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Burren Hillwalks with Shane Connolly

kbswaiz, you should be able to cover most of the Burren as well as doing the tour.

I am not sure in which direction you will be heading when you leave Doolin on day 2, but keep in mind that you will probably be driving through the Burren on your way.

It might be an idea to keep this in mind when planning which part you will drive on day 1.

Mentioned in this post
The Burren
The Burren
672 Reviews
County Clare, Ireland
Doolin
Doolin
The Burren, Ireland
Ohio
Level Contributor
451 posts
187 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Burren Hillwalks with Shane Connolly

Bryno..he did indeed tell us about the cow pats. Did he tell you why Irish men won't use a GPS?

Ohio
Level Contributor
451 posts
187 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Burren Hillwalks with Shane Connolly

Hi kbawaiz.....we emailed Shane from the states prior to our leaving for Ireland to make sure that he was available the day we wanted. Since you are going to be in the Burren your 2nd day, you may want to do this too. You should be able to easily explore other areas of the Burren after. You can set the time of the walk as you like. If you have a chance to read my trip report week 2, you will see that we covered quite a lot the day of our walk.

Mentioned in this post
Ireland
Ireland
Europe
The Burren
The Burren
672 Reviews
County Clare, Ireland
Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
13,840 posts
375 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Burren Hillwalks with Shane Connolly

The tour with Shane ended at 3:30pm and gave us time to visit Doolin for a late lunch. We could have done more but we were there for some relaxation too, so we took it easy.

Mentioned in this post
Doolin
Doolin
The Burren, Ireland
15. Re: Burren Hillwalks with Shane Connolly

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:23 am, December 07, 2010