We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Heather in Bloom

New York
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Heather in Bloom

I am planning a trip to Ireland and have looked in many places to find out when the heather is in bloom. This seems to be the only thing I cannot find out about the country. Would someone please help. Thanks

Germany
8 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Heather in Bloom

I have often been to Ireland in May and mostly saw the blooming heather at that time then. It always depends a bit on the weather, sometimes it's already April sometimes only end of May. And it was always the western part of the country (Co. Clare) where I've been.

Humptulips...
Level Contributor
3,287 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Heather in Bloom

Hi Butterfly. Not too far from Dublin is Glendalough, which is a great place for the heather. Cheers.

Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
19 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Heather in Bloom

Yes - my husband and i are planning on going to ireland at some point next year for our next trip and i have also been trying to find out when the heather is in bloom there. I did find out that different varieties of Heather Flowers bloom from late July to November in the northern hemisphere. But, one of the other previous comments said that they have seen it as early as April or May. I would suggest inquiring where you are thinking about booking your accommodations for your stay in Ireland, as they would surely know. And let us know what you find out!

Waterford, Ireland
Level Contributor
6,414 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Heather in Bloom

April and May sounds a bit early to me, but I can't be sure. This site may be of interest http://www.ipcc.ie/infoheathlands.html

5. Re: Heather in Bloom

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:17 pm, October 12, 2009