We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ring of Carey

Busselton, Australia
Level Contributor
704 posts
222 reviews
Save Topic
Ring of Carey

What is the best way of being able to do the above from Athlone please?

12 replies to this topic
Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Southport, Connemara, County Clare, Portumna
Level Contributor
19,850 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Ring of Carey

Trip to Lockes Distillery then a couple of hours hunting the Lough Ree Monster www.unknownexplorers.com/loughreemonster.php

Or should that be get locked and hunt the big worm thing?

That might get lost in translation but couldn't resist it ;-)

Busselton, Australia
Level Contributor
704 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Ring of Carey

Tony2phones we are coming from Perth via Dubai and then to Dublin where we will catch the bus to Athlone. I have got an international drivers license but depending on the insurance etc may not drive - I was just hoping to use public transport to get to the places that we most want to see. We only have a week in Ireland and thought a place with around the same amount of people that we have (here in Busselton) would be plenty. We prefer outside of the cities and hence using Athlone as base. Both husband and I have Irish ancestry and that is a lot of the pull.

I have just finished reading the Lough Monster story LOL great now if anyone gives me a hard time I will tell them I am doing research into it and need to stay in Athlone. We are not into moving around and carting our luggage everywhere. We are all over 60 and travel better without luggage and want to be able to travel early till late during the days. Hope that helps, plus I love being near water as I do not have any out where we live.

Reply to: Ring of Carey
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted