We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hodson bay hotel

Which Athlone hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
286 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
hodson bay hotel

hi all, thinking of booking the hodson bay retreat room for a 2 night stay in june anybody stayed in these rooms any comments please also is there a pool in the wineport lodge??

Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle
Level Contributor
10,456 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hodson bay hotel

The "new" rooms at the Hodson are good, but the older rooms aren't great, don't think there is a pool in Wineport

ireland
Level Contributor
6,266 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hodson bay hotel

oh no, please.... do youself a favour and stay away. In my opinion its one of the worst places to stay.

Scotland
Level Contributor
57 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hodson bay hotel

Hi Whales

Is your comment to munchyDublin about the Hodson Bay? I am only asking as I looked at both Hodson Bay and Wineport Lodge. I have booked Wineport Lodge.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
286 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hodson bay hotel

hi ,ie ended up booking the westport plaza i was about to book the wineport too, but i rang no pool only hot tub on a roof terrece, would have been 5280 for 2 nights there on package i wanted ended up with 2 nights bb evening meal spa treatments and up grade to golden package alot of extras for 390 and iv a 50 euro voucher to use against it i checked and great reviews on t.a so im happy, thanks for all your help guys, x

Cavan
Destination Expert
for County Cavan
Level Contributor
4,477 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hodson bay hotel

Just back from the Westport Plaza, what you would expect from a four star. I certainly apreciated the underground carpark as it was bucketing rain throughout my stay. Excellent value, friendly and good food with sensible restaurant times, entertainment in the adjoining Castlecourt Hotel.

Westport still pretty quiet with usual crowds at Matt Molloy's pub.

ireland
Level Contributor
6,266 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: hodson bay hotel

i was referring to the hodson bay hotel. Its a disaster area in my opinion.

I see you changed to westport- Westport is fabulous.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
286 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: hodson bay hotel

thanks guys delighted with my cchoice going 15 june so should be a bit a life around by then xx

Cavan
Destination Expert
for County Cavan
Level Contributor
4,477 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: hodson bay hotel

Well there is certainly not an underground carpark at Hodson Bay.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
540 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: hodson bay hotel

We spent a week at Hodson Bay in April (wife had a conference there). The original hotel is a bit "tired" and in need of a makeover, but I found the rooms to be plenty big and the staff to be helpful. The pool and gym were in the "new" section but accessible to the Hodson Bay guests. The location was good - right on the lake, but not more than about 10 minutes of walking before you run out of path.

They have a kids club there and when we visited in April at Easter break the place was packed with families. I was minding our 9 month old while my wife was in meetings, and it all went very smoothly; staff were only too happy to help heat up food or get me a high-chair. I was pleasantly surprised.

Overall it was a fine hotel, not brilliant, but certainly not a disaster like Whales so helpfully makes out.

YMMV,

Mark

10. Re: hodson bay hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, November 04, 2009