We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in Lisdoonvarna

New Hampshire
Level Contributor
90 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay in Lisdoonvarna

Hi We will be arriving in Shannon and plan to stay in Lisdoonvarna. Having never been to Ireland before, we have no idea what B & B's to stay in. Does anyone have a suggestion? After that, we are on to Galway and again, no idea where to stay. We are open to good tips. Thank you.

abbyann

6 replies to this topic
Fanore, County Clare
Level Contributor
645 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay in Lisdoonvarna

Can I ask why you have selected Lisdoonvarna to stay in?What time of the year are you travelling as Lisdoonvarna is very busy during the Matchmaking festival in September?

Huntsville, Alabama
Level Contributor
5,345 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay in Lisdoonvarna

Abby, I would highly recommend the Park House Hotel in Galway. Not a B&B but a very nice Irish hotel (not a chain), and they do have rates that include breakfast if you desire. Perfect location right off Eyre Square and very easy to get to anything in town (including the train station just down the block and the Aran Island ferry bus picks up almost across the street) and in the surrounding areas. They do have parking available as well. We had dinner included for 1 of our nights during our first Ireland visit and the food was wonderful We also ate there in Oct (just in the pub) and really enjoyed that as well.

Can't help with Lisdoonvarna (a very small town) but would also recommend staying in Ennis. We stayed at the Old Ground Hotel there and really enjoyed being right in town. Good luck and enjoy the planning and especially enjoy the trip!

Edited: 3:27 pm, April 07, 2012
Plymouth, Michigan
Level Contributor
2 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay in Lisdoonvarna

My wife and I stayed at Sheedy's and loved it.

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
103 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay in Lisdoonvarna

is sheedys a b&b in lisdoonvarna?

Fanore, County Clare
Level Contributor
645 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay in Lisdoonvarna