We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1 night in Oughterard

UK
Level Contributor
63 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
1 night in Oughterard

Hope to be spending 1 night in Oughterard (area) in a couple of weeks time - looking for really lovely accommodation probably preferably Guest House or B&B any suggestions?

Galway, Ireland
Level Contributor
518 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1 night in Oughterard

You could look up ;

www.irelandhotels.com for Guesthouses in area or www.townandcountry.ie and www.familyhomes.ie for B&Bs.

Look up reviews on TA as great for sorting out the bad apples.

Guernsey, United...
Level Contributor
5,199 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1 night in Oughterard

Peanuts49

I haven't actually stayed in the Oughterard area, but passed through in August this year. Such a lovely area! Enjoyed a really good pub lunch at "Breathnach's" in the centre of Oughterard. (Recommended by "Oranman")

I usually depend upon reviews here on TA when looking for a place in an area I don't know. Also, I find the following to be a reliable guide:

www.sawdays.co.uk/accommodation/ireland/

:-)

Ireland
Level Contributor
2,612 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1 night in Oughterard

The Nonaim Lodge which although is not central to Oughterard is nice if only for one night with nice views of the Lough.

www.nonaimcorrib.com/accommodation.html

The Boat Inn is ok

http://www.theboatinn.com/

The Jolly Lodger is a great location and is surrounded by food and pubs one restaurant and pub being downstairs. I think you can use the parking of the Archers Restaurant. The owner of the cafe is odd as two sticks!!

www.galway.net/galwayguide/showyp.shtml?id=47

Whitney, Texas
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
13,097 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 1 night in Oughterard

oh peanuts, i stayed in a lovely b&b in oughterard in may....i don't know how to tell you to find the review i did on it so go to www.oughterardtourism.com click on b&b and carrown tober house is the 4th one down....it was so lovely, the breakfast was nice and plentiful and the host and hostess were fantastic.....

Guernsey, United...
Level Contributor
5,199 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 1 night in Oughterard

oma

That looks really nice :-)

Peanuts just "click" on "more about oma14" and this will take you to her profile page and list of reviews. You'll find her report there. Apologies if I'm already telling you something you know.

Oma - did you go to Glengowla Mines? (Think I read a recent post of yours where you mentioned the mines). Great place to visit; our two young ones loved it! I found the history of the place fascinating. (I've a review and photos on my profile)

:-)

6. Re: 1 night in Oughterard

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 pm, October 09, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Oughterard
More Oughterard Topics