We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Questions about Sneem ?

kenmare
10 posts
Save Topic
Questions about Sneem ?

I am the webmaster of www.sneem.net

if you have any questions on the area I am happy

to answer them for you, if I can :o)

Peter

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Questions about Sneem ?

Yes! Or sort of about Sneem. I am wanting to see the Skelligs and though Sneem might be a lovely place to base that adventure from- however- the rest of our trip is Dublin, Galway and points north. Am I crazy to try to get to Sneem if we only have two weeks to travel? How long does it take to get there from Dublin? And then how long up to Galway?

An if it is worth it I heard somewhere about a B&B called Tahilla Cove that was supposed to be great but I haven't found it yet on line- any tips? Or other fab places to stay?

Colorado
Level Contributor
525 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Questions about Sneem ?

http://www.tahillacove.com/

letterkenny, co...
Level Contributor
266 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Questions about Sneem ?

BrklynGwnUp (WHERE did you get THAT handle?????)

anyway, brkl, you will have no trouble to do ireland's west coast on your holiday. donegal is only 4 hours drive from galway and on the way you can stop off in mayo or sligo and enjoy nights there.

donegal and the north of ireland are so good to travel to. it is really off the beaten track and not swamped with 'tourists'. mainly people come up here to experience the real ireland. here, you can walk for miles and meet no-one, you can sit in a little pub in the middle of nowhere and just enjoy the craic. but more than that, the scenery up here is the best in ireland. we have the highest waterfall, the highest (accessible) sea cliffs, the deepest sea estuary, the deepest lough, and the biggest fishing harbour. not to mention the best beaches - vogue magazine named a beach here (ballymastocker on the fanad peninsual) one of the ten best beaches in the world.

have a great holiday! and welcome to ireland!

catherine

www.welovedonegal.com

ireland
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Questions about Sneem ?

Peter,

is sneem near the black shop pub.

what is the best bar in sneem.

Ireland
Level Contributor
46 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Questions about Sneem ?

Sneem is the most beautiful colourful village in Ireland. There is a fab hotel 2 miles from village called Parknasilla Great

Southern Hotel believe me it is like another world right on the sea with panoramic views of Kenmare Bay.It is four star I think. For anyone on a budget there are some great B+Bs in village and sourrounding areas.Sneem is great if you enjoy peace, great scenery and walking. It is right beside the sea and sourrounded by mountains. It is a gem that has still to be discovered by the masses !!!! Go there before everyone finds out how good it is !!!!!!!! P.S it is on the Ring of Kerry

kenmare
10 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Questions about Sneem ?

"is Sneem near the black shop pub."

It is located at Blackwater Bridge half way between Kenmare

and Sneem.

All the pub's in Sneem are worth a visit :o)

Enjoy.

Peter

Dublin
11 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Questions about Sneem ?

Sneem is a beautiful spot and so is Tahilla.

The town of Kenmare is close by. This is a heeritage town and well worth a avisit. Treat yourself to a visit to the Park Hotel Kenmare for a night or a cocktail.

Loads of restaurants in Kenmare.

I drive from Dublin - Kenmare in about 5 hours ans Sneem is just beyond it,

It is a beautiful part of Ireland.

Travel down via the Rock of Cashel , well woth a visit.

Packies and Mulcahys are two gtreat restaurants in Kenmare. I ahve only had pub food in Sneem which was excellent

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
137 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Questions about Sneem ?

The Black Shop pub isn't between Sneem and Kenmare at all - it's in Castlecove - between Caherdaniel and Sneem!

New England, USA
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Questions about Sneem ?

Two weeks ago, I was touring through Sneem - Lovely Place! However, there was a church with a statue of Isis outside, and a public art display of three stone pyramids. Can you please tell me the name of the church? We took pictures but could find no information concerning the church, only the pyramids...

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
137 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Questions about Sneem ?

St. Michael's Church

Here's a link with more info:

http://www.corkkerry.ie/content.asp?id=179

Get answers to your questions about Sneem