We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in Shannon area?

Which Shannon hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ft. Lauderdale...
8 posts
Save Topic
Where to stay in Shannon area?

Does anyone have a suggetion on a hotel or B & B in Bunratty? We have two nights and want to see Cliffs of Moher, the Burren and Bunratty Castle (including dinner). How would Ennis be as a central location? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, LRSC

Brussels
3 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay in Shannon area?

2 years ago I stayed at Magowna House, which was great -- not the most inspiring rooms, but fantastic full-Irish breakfast (I felt like I should have been off to a hard day's work shearing sheep), nice dinner, and a convivial pub as well. I'm hoping to go back soon, myself, actually. I remember it as an easy drive from Bunratty, I'm not sure about the other places. I hope this isn't too late for you...

Whitney, Texas
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
12,510 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay in Shannon area?

LRSC, find you a b&b in bunratty...it is a whole lot less traffic than ennis and you will only be 15 minutes from the airport.....and everything is within walking distance.....

hope this helps....

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,390 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay in Shannon area?

We stayed at Park House in Bunratty. It was our favorite B&B of the entire trip. You could walk to Bunratty Castle if the weather were nice....

We also drove over to Kilkee and went south from there. It was a very special trip.....there are cliffs, but they are much more interesting than the Cliffs of Moher (which are under construction).

4. Re: Where to stay in Shannon area?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:19 pm, August 14, 2009