We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with honeymoon itinerary:)

Hawthorne, New...
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Help with honeymoon itinerary:)

Hello all! I won a honeymoon trip to Ireland. We leave Aug 28th until Sept. 4th. We are flying into Shannon and flying out of Dublin. We will be renting a car at the airport. We won a 4 night stay at the Adare Manor and then we are spending an extra 2 nights traveling. I was hoping you could help me with my itineray thus far.

Monday August 29th - Arrive 5:00 am in Shannon and rent a car. We cannot check in to the Manor until 2 so they suggested from the airport we head to the Cliffs of Moher and then head to the Manor for check in. Spend the rest of the day exploring the Manor which looks so lovely and then head into the town of Adare for the afternoon. We plan to stay local that day because we have a 7:00pm 8 course dinner at the Manor that was part of our prize.

Tuesday- wake early and have breakfast. Head to the Rock of Cashel and then onto the Blarney Stone (hubby says he must do this) lol! Is there anything you can recommend in these areas that I should not miss, either on the way to these places or the way back?

Wednesday- I need some suggestions for Wednesday morning. We have reservations for the Bunratty Castle dinner at 5:00 and we plan to check out the folk park before that. I thought we would still have time to see something else that morning? Any ideas?

Thursday- wake early and head to the Burren and the Ailway Cave. I have heard such great things about this area. I was also thinking to maybe check out Ballyvaugn and Doolin that day? Any other suggestions for this day and where to maybe have dinner?

Friday-check out of the Manor. This is where I have no ideas. I was thinking maybe heading to Galway? Any suggestions for this day and night?

Saturday - wake early and head to Dublin, my husband wants to check out the Jameson Distillery(he is a huge fan) lol. Any other must sees on the way to Dublin and/or once in Dublin. Hit the pubs in Dublin that night and stay in a B&B in Dublin.

Sunday-head to Dublin airport.

I would appreciate any info you could give, whether it be sights, pub ideas, B &B suggestions:)

Can't wait to hear what you all have to say!

Mentioned in this post
The Burren
The Burren
669 Reviews
County Clare, Ireland
Rock of Cashel
Rock of Cashel
3,185 Reviews
Cashel, Ireland
Bunratty Castle
Bunratty Castle
3,568 Reviews
Bunratty, Ireland
Adare Manor
Adare Manor
1,528 Reviews
Adare, Ireland
Ireland
Ireland
Europe
Shannon
Shannon
County Clare, Ireland
Dublin
Dublin
County Dublin, Ireland
Adare
Adare
County Limerick, Ireland
Doolin
Doolin
The Burren, Ireland
Galway
Galway
County Galway, Ireland
Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Southport, Connemara, County Clare, Portumna
Level Contributor
19,964 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with honeymoon itinerary:)

You are pencilling in Alwee caves later in the week so I suggest that on Arrival you aim for Loop head and see the south west of Clare. possibly take a Dolphin watch cruise for a couple of hours and cross the Shannon by ferry. Foynes Flying boat museum is between the ferry landing and Adare.

Tuesday taken up with a good itinerary full day.

Wednesday there are quite a few choices under the Shannon Heritage banner and you could also take a look at Lough Derg from Ballina/Killaloe possibly a boat trip or a visit to Holy Island.

Thursday, Burren Cliffs of Moher and sights maybe head to Burren perfumery for a spot of lunch.

Friday see what the weather is like, you have the options of the main road up to Galway or possibly head to Dingle or just check out Limerick.

Saturday seems spoken for and so does Sunday.

Mentioned in this post
Cliffs of Moher
Cliffs of Moher
11,202 Reviews
Liscannor, Ireland
Loop Head
Loop Head
289 Reviews
County Clare, Ireland
Foynes Flying Boat Museum
Foynes Flying Boat Museum
457 Reviews
Foynes, Ireland
Shannon Heritage
Shannon Heritage
118 Reviews
Bunratty, Ireland
County Clare
County Clare
Province of Munster, Ireland
Shannon
Shannon
County Clare, Ireland
Adare
Adare
County Limerick, Ireland
Ballina
Ballina
County Mayo, Ireland
Galway
Galway
County Galway, Ireland
Dingle
Dingle
Dingle Peninsula, Ireland
Limerick
Limerick
County Limerick, Ireland
2. Re: Help with honeymoon itinerary:)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:18 pm, October 11, 2012