We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

appropriate dress at airport and in plane

Milltown, Ireland
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Topic
appropriate dress at airport and in plane

Hi there,

would appreciate advice re: topic, had planned to wear 3/4 length shorts and polo top going on flight to New York mid August, just wondering if same appropriate or would it be more advisable to wear chinos.

Thanks

14 replies to this topic
Dublin
Level Contributor
1,818 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: appropriate dress at airport and in plane

Airlines usually provide a blanket on long haul flights.

Canada
Level Contributor
46 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: appropriate dress at airport and in plane

For long flights, I travel in comfort, which usually entails running shoes, yoga pants, a shirt, and a comfy sweater that I can remove or put on based on the temperature of the plane (and a blanket is usually provided on the plane as well). I've seen people travel in a huge variety of clothes, but I think most go for comfort. So I would wear whatever is most comfortable for you. Enjoy your trip :)

Edited: 11:56 pm, July 30, 2018
Dublin
Destination Expert
for Valletta
Level Contributor
8,677 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: appropriate dress at airport and in plane

One wears what one is comfortable in but if travelling to Europe on a Ryanair flight do bring a fleece this item is not to be worn but put under your Derry Air as the padding on the seats are a bit flimsy according to my good lady then if it gets cold you can always tuck it around your knees.

Milltown, Ireland
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: appropriate dress at airport and in plane

Thanks again for all the advice

Reply to: appropriate dress at airport and in plane
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted