We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Footwear for Clifden/Inishmore

Level Contributor
68 posts
118 reviews
Save Topic
Footwear for Clifden/Inishmore

Planning a trip in less than three weeks to Clifden/Connemara/Aran Islands. I'm hoping that a pair of flats, my hiking/running shoes (they are trail runners, which I've hiked the Grand Canyon and our 12,000 foot peaks in Az in, many times) and a pair of nice Born sandals will be enough for hiking, going out to eat, pub wear, etc. Please help...I am trying not to bring things I won't ever wear. Thank you!

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
52,454 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Footwear for Clifden/Inishmore

Sure. But in Ireland, a sunny day can turn into a rainy day in 10 minutes.

Level Contributor
68 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Footwear for Clifden/Inishmore

Thanks, I'm aware of that. My question is, are sandals--not flip flops, particularly but others--appropriate with jeans, etc.?

Bluff Dale, Texas
Level Contributor
167 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Footwear for Clifden/Inishmore

I personally am just going to bring a pair. They are Sketcher sports sandals and they will not take up much room, if I don't wear them no loss, but they are really comfy. I would do what makes you happy.

Beaufort, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Galway
Level Contributor
3,975 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Footwear for Clifden/Inishmore

To be honest, no one here would notice or care what you wear. Whatever you are comfortable with. Sandals would get my vote only because they would be easier to walk in.

15. Re: Footwear for Clifden/Inishmore

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, June 06, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Clifden