We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Superficial American question - I admit it!

Which Clifden hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lansdale, PA
Level Contributor
82 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
Superficial American question - I admit it!

Hi there - my husband and I are going to be in Clifden on September 23, when the Emmy Awards (for American television) are broadcast. We're into a number of American shows (Mad Men, Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones), so the show will be interesting to us. We're recording the broadcast to watch when we're back home, but I was just wondering if the Emmys will be shown in Ireland. Is it even on the Irish radar screen?

I know the Oscars are broadcast worldwide, but I'm not sure about the Emmys...

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
8,132 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Superficial American question - I admit it!

Considering that the Emmys are an evening show, you'd be talking about being up in the middle of the night to watch them if they are televised (live anyway). I'd suggest enjoying your holiday and catch them on the DVR replay when you get home :)

Lansdale, PA
Level Contributor
82 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Superficial American question - I admit it!

That's what I figured. Just thought I'd ask...

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Sligo, Dublin
Level Contributor
7,437 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Superficial American question - I admit it!

Hi Katy

I think they are shown....I remember watching them as I like (And I blush as I say this) the Red Carpet interviews and looking at the fashion :-)

Keep an eye on this TV listing page the week before they are on and the listing will be up, I think they are generally on the E! Channel.

http://entertainment.ie/TV_Listing/05+September+2012/934/E!+Entertainment.htm

Grayslake, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,055 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Superficial American question - I admit it!

Downton was a big Emmy winner last yr - might be a lot of interest in Emmys in Europe.......not sure if you'll be able to pick up the E! Channel in Clifden, stay at a big hotel, maybe?

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Sligo, Dublin
Level Contributor
7,437 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Superficial American question - I admit it!

Katy, live from the red carpet at the Emmy awards this Sunday at 11pm on E channel :-)

6. Re: Superficial American question - I admit it!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, September 24, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Clifden