We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Clifden Comhaltas

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Southport, Connemara, County Clare, Portumna
Level Contributor
19,331 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
Clifden Comhaltas

The Clifden Comhaltas Monthly Music Sessions Return on Friday 28th October, with this months session in Mannions Bar. I know Clifden is busy this weekend for the bank holiday (just booked myself), so just a heads up. The juniors start at 8.15 with the seniors at 10pm.

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
19,331 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Clifden Comhaltas

This was a very good well attended event. Chris has a problem negotiating the differences between some of the more classical trad and as such we wandered down to Lowrys about 10.30 for something with more variety.

Ventry, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle Peninsula
Level Contributor
7,464 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Clifden Comhaltas

One for purists then?

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
19,331 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Clifden Comhaltas

Not especially but we had been listening to the Junior section for a couple of hours. Our friends were away back to Roundstone (do not have a drink and drive back to Roundstone) and we had more or less promised to get into Lowrys so left before the seniors really started.

The Comhaltas takes place the last Friday of every month in one of the towns bars. There is also good music in other bars all year so if it does start to get a bit much then there is more craic to be found within a couple of minutes.

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
19,331 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Clifden Comhaltas

some of the session on youtube.

www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=W5Rm813HMAI

Ventry, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle Peninsula
Level Contributor
7,464 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Clifden Comhaltas

Nice piece of filming, and great music! While I love traditional music I have to say Sean Nós dancing doesn't do much for me - other than give me the itch :)

Thanks for posting this

Galway, Ireland
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Clifden Comhaltas

I believe the monthly session is on this Friday Dec 16th in Lowry's; junior session starts around 8pm with the seniors taking over around 10.30. It will be great if the joint session in the Renvyle Inn earlier this month is anything to go by!

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
19,331 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Clifden Comhaltas

From last night.

www.youtube.com/watch…

8. Re: Clifden Comhaltas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, January 22, 2013