We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Galway or cliften?

Which Clifden hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Liverpool
5 posts
Save Topic
Galway or cliften?

I want to visit west coast and have 3nts. The first night we won't arrive until 6 ish so should we do 1 night in Galway then 2 in Cliften or other way around? We enjoy walking but at night a county village would be nice for drinks. Which is best to spend most time?

Galway, Ireland
Level Contributor
518 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Galway or cliften?

A toss up between either depending what you seek.Galway City has got a good wide centre to explore and Connemara certainly will give you small town factor.

www.connemara-tourism.org

www.clifden.ie

www.connemara.net

will give you excellent Clifden (spelt with a D not T !) info.

www.joyces-waterloo.com is a top place in clifden but many other good lodging choices to be found on sites above.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
51,520 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Galway or cliften?

I'm not sure I'd put Clifden in the "County village" category, depending on when you're visiting. It's not a large city or anything, but during tourist season can be crowded with visitors. Still a good stop, just not very "villagey" imo during June-September.

3. Re: Galway or cliften?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:20 am, September 20, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Clifden