We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question about the Manor

Tennessee
Level Contributor
288 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Question about the Manor

We will be passing through Adare for sightseeing and few photos. It will be a fairly quick stop. Adare Manor looks so beautiful, definitely a place I would love to photograph and maybe walk around for a few minutes before we are on the road again. Are we allowed on the grounds if we aren't paying guests of the Manor? I looked at their website but did not see anything mentioned there about this.

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
Level Contributor
26,528 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Question about the Manor

No as far as I know you can't pop in for a look.

There is security at the gate. The only suggestion I could make is that you make a booking for lunch at the golf club. The food is fabulous there and worth stopping for.

http://www.adaremanor.com/clubhouse.html

Dublin
Level Contributor
178 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Question about the Manor

Yes you can pop in for a look even though if you are not a guest . It would not be a problem ..

Reno, Nevada
Level Contributor
1,889 posts
261 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Question about the Manor

Unless they have upped their security, the last two times we stayed at the Manor the "security" was never at the guard station and we could either walk or drive right in. One time there was a "guard" there and we told him we just were driving up to the Manor house to see it and he said fine and let us pass.

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Southport, Connemara, County Clare, Portumna
Level Contributor
18,971 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Question about the Manor

Adare Also has Desmond Castle (not to be confused with the one in Kinsale has been called Adare castle)

adareheritagecentre.ie/desmond_castle_tours.…

heritageireland.ie/en/…

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Dingle
Level Contributor
10,716 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Question about the Manor

You can walk in at the gate by the Dunraven Arms hotel, no problem.

Edited: 1:40 pm, April 06, 2013
Tennessee
Level Contributor
288 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Question about the Manor

Thanks everyone

7. Re: Question about the Manor

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, April 08, 2014