We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is the weather in November early December?

Which Adare hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Goshen, Indiana
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Topic
What is the weather in November early December?

We are looking at an air/lodging package to stay at the Adare Manor Villas. The winter are months are offered at a reduced rate. What is the weather like over Thanksgiving week and the week after? Would that be better than February? I understand the days are short. Our other option is to book at a higher rate and arrive around the first of November. Advice?

Dublin
Level Contributor
3,297 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What is the weather in November early December?

It's difficult to differentiate significantly between November and February in terms of which is the better option for a vacation. Overall, be prepared for short days with a fair prospect of rainfall and some frosts in both months. Average daily temperatures would be about 8 degrees C in November and 6 degrees C in February with a greater possibility of frosts and snow in February. Historically rainfall would be somewhat less in February than in November.

However, current fluctuations in weather pattens makes any form of forecasting impossible - right now, we are having one of the wettest summers on record.

Given a choice, I'd go in November but I'm unsure if early November could be guaranteed to be any better than the latter part of the month.

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Sligo, Dublin
Level Contributor
7,218 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What is the weather in November early December?

I would agree with everything said above - personally I would opt for the end of November as you will be arriving at the start of the run up to Christmas which does seem to get earlier every year - evenings will be very short though dark around 4.30 pm - but the festive atmosphere should make it a nice time to visit.

Good luck with your decision.

new york
Level Contributor
957 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What is the weather in November early December?

I have been to Ireland 2 times in February and the weather, although daylight short, was very nice. I had worse weather in July..

england
Level Contributor
5,438 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What is the weather in November early December?

The weather in either November or February could be anything, the only set thing is the short daylight hours, once the clocks change at the end of October it does seem very dark, very early!!

You may get bright frosty days, snow, ice or worse, those horrible drizzly days when it never seems to get light.

However, the pubs will be warm and cosy, and as said, in late November, therew ill be Christmasy stuff about.

5. Re: What is the weather in November early December?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, July 19, 2013