We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day 1 Dublin to Adare via Kilkenny for lunch and sights.

Which Adare hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Appleton, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
35 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Day 1 Dublin to Adare via Kilkenny for lunch and sights.

I'm not sure if this question should go in Adare or Kilkenny.

On our arrival day into Dublin we plan to pick up our car and drive to Kilkenny for lunch and to take in some sights. Then we will continue on to our accommodations at Adare Manor. I realize this is a very optimistic plan considering we'll just be arriving from the US and tired...but we want to make the most of our drive to Adare.

That being said, can anyone comment on how long we should plan for the drive (Dublin to Kilkenny and then Kilkenny to Adare)and visit?

Thanks!

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
Level Contributor
25,589 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day 1 Dublin to Adare via Kilkenny for lunch and sights.

Take a look at www.aaroadwatch.ie/routes

Bear in mind that tiredness can have the same impact on your driving reactions as drinking alcohol.

I think you would be best driving straight to Adare on the motorway.

Earth
Level Contributor
1,751 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Day 1 Dublin to Adare via Kilkenny for lunch and sights.

Much too much!! Be safe and smart. Take Bean's advice and drive directly to Adare on the motorway.

3. Re: Day 1 Dublin to Adare via Kilkenny for lunch and sights.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:16 pm, October 27, 2012