We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Adare Manor- Villas vs. Townhomes

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
16 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Adare Manor- Villas vs. Townhomes

I was wondering if anybody has experience with the Villas or Townhomes at Adare Manor. We are debating between the two. I understand the Villas are newer and larger but are greater distance from the Manor House.

I would love to hear your experiences regarding either the Villas or the Townhomes at Adare.

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Adare
Adare
County Limerick, Ireland
Holy Trinity Abbey Church
Sacred & Religious Sites, Churches & Cathedrals
Adare Heritage Centre
Visitor Centers, Gift & Specialty Shops
Desmond Castle
Castles, Historic Sites, Points of Interest & Landmarks
Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
16 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Adare Manor- Villas vs. Townhomes

Anybody?

Rhode Island
Level Contributor
271 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Adare Manor- Villas vs. Townhomes

We stayed in the villas as there were 3 couples; they are huge with 3 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms. It was a nice walk to the Manor. I think that it would depend on the size of your group because the townhouses looked much smaller from the outside.

We had an amazing time and hope that you do, too.

Earth
Level Contributor
1,751 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Adare Manor- Villas vs. Townhomes

I have seen the inside of both the townhouses and villas. If I were renting one it would definitely be a villa. Although they are slightly farther from the manor they make up for that in amenities, newness, space and luxury. The townhouses are fine but older, more worn and much smaller. I think that the townhouses appeal more to golfers and the villas more to families.

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
16 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Adare Manor- Villas vs. Townhomes

Thanks for the replies. Another thing the Townhouses have going for them is that I am able to get them at the same price as the Villas, but including a full Irish breakfast.

Pasadena, California
Destination Expert
for Pasadena
Level Contributor
6,672 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Adare Manor- Villas vs. Townhomes

Sceptre Tours is running a special on Adare Villas including airfare. You might want to compare it to what you are getting, if you are pricing the trip out separately. Also, Sceptre gets very mixed reviews-- our experience was excellent, but others complain-- you can look in past forum posts for information.

Anyway, here's the info:

sceptretours.com/vacations/ireland-resort-vi…

6. Re: Adare Manor- Villas vs. Townhomes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:16 pm, October 21, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Adare