We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rockview B&B versus Amarach B&B

Windsor, Ontario
1 post
Save Topic
Rockview B&B versus Amarach B&B

I'm looking for references on these two B&B's in Kinsale. Has anyone stayed in either Rockview or Amarach and how was your stay?

ireland
Level Contributor
30 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rockview B&B versus Amarach B&B

Hi stayed in Amarach house. It was 90 euro for one night. It is clean but the rooms are very small and i thought it was slightly over priced. It can be quite noisy at night as there is a bar next door with an outside terrace and the walls are very thin. We decided to find something different for our second night. If you want something very special but still at a good price then try Desmond house. www.desmondhousekinsale.com

Prices are standard at 60 euro each a night and the rooms are huge!! We stayed in the james fort suite. It had a 6ft bed and a good size bathroom. It was beautifully decorated and there was no noise at all at night. It is just around the corner from all the pubs and bars and has a free car park. The minute you enter you are made to feel very welcome and I would bypass any other b&b and stay here if you can.

enjoy !

Pitt Meadows, B.C...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rockview B&B versus Amarach B&B

I stayed at the Amarach B & B in Kinsale a 1/2 block off the main harbour road. I did not find it overpriced for Ireland. It wasn't that small but usually travel alone, so it was more than enough space. Kettle,coffee and tea provided. I take my own cups of soup. Also the breakfast was good. It was clean. I had a room on the front and always have a window open but I didn't find the pub 10 houses down particularily noisy, generally done by 11. I am a very budget traveller and the Supervalu and other small stores had more than enough for any other meals, drinks etc. I ate out one night at the Blue Haven and it was excellent.

I would have two full days in Kinsale unless you have a car, as the Forts are a good distance walking. The museum was closed the day I was there much to my disappointment, I went on the walking tour that starts in front of the tourist office, it was very good and an excellent guide.

My only problem was waiting for someone to come and open the door and give us our keys, neither my nor two men from the US had phoned the EXACT time of our arrival so it took awhile, waiting to be let in.

Annette Code, Pitt Meadows, B.C. Canada

Cork, Ireland
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Rockview B&B versus Amarach B&B

I am just back from a Stay in Amarach B&B and we found it aweful! The rooms are tiny, and 2 of my friends stayed in rooms with no blinds or curtains on the velux windows. when they requested a black bag to cover it, they were assured that it would be covered the next nite, as they couldnt sleep. it never happended.

The rooms downstairs are much better, even if the showers are minute.

overpriced and avoid if possible

london
Level Contributor
26 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rockview B&B versus Amarach B&B

Stayed at Rockview in 2006 and it was very pleasant. Good location and not too noisy at night in summer. Nice owner too. Parking nearby.

5. Re: Rockview B&B versus Amarach B&B

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:21 am, October 03, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Kinsale