We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kinsale people

Clearfield, Utah
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Kinsale people

On my last trip in Ireland I noticed that the people of Kinsale is not so friedly and gentle with foreigners. In the other hand I found lovely people in others cities!!! Somebody can tell me why?

Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
3 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
61. Re: Kinsale people

I really wouldn't worry about it too much, Kinsale people are lovely! Anyway we all know that all the rude people in Cork live in Cobh ;) Just kidding! I suspect you caught the wrong person on the wrong day, or the wrong person after they'd struggled for a century trying to find somewhere to park ...

Mentioned in this post
Cork
Cork
County Cork, Ireland
Cobh
Cobh
County Cork, Ireland
Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
13,816 posts
372 reviews
Save Reply
62. Re: Kinsale people

OH PLEASE - Tripadvisor, will you close this thread down. You've closed down much shorter and much less controversial ones previously.

61 replies - Come ON!

Tralee, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Tralee
Level Contributor
4,141 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
63. Re: Kinsale people

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
308 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
64. Re: Kinsale people

Perhaps because it's TRUE TA won't close it down!! lmao

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick
Level Contributor
28,021 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
65. Re: Kinsale people

One banana, two banana.......

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
29 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
66. Re: Kinsale people

I am totally exhausted from reading this thread, but after much laughter, I will keep Kinsale on my list for my trip back to Ireland in March next year.

Some very humorous people in Ireland, can't wait to meet them! :)

Mentioned in this post
Ireland
Ireland
Europe
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,071 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
67. Re: Kinsale people

I've had threads on boards that were well over 150 posts. In regards to this one - I do NOT agree with the OP. I spent 17the summers in Ireland and have been to Kinsale a dozen times. Each visit had great food location and people. We often go places and comment on local attitudes, as it can make or break a trip. While Kinsale didn't break friendliness records, all the people we met were always sincere and courteous and would converse with us. Btw id say all the one-post posters on this thread are trolls.

Ps- its good enough to be on our revisit list so we may be back next month when we head over for a few weeks!

Edited: 12:10 pm, November 23, 2011
Mentioned in this post
Ireland
Ireland
Europe
cork
Level Contributor
7 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
68. Re: Kinsale people

Most of the people who live in Kinsale particularly during the summer months are not from the town. Outside of the tourist season I would say roughly half the population are non natives.Many from Cork Ciy have moved to the town in the last 20 years; up to 10% of the population are Anglo-Saxons which gives the town the largest percentage of English in an Irish urban context.Tune your ear to the mixture of accents next time you come here, the local one is in the minority.

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick
Level Contributor
28,021 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
69. Re: Kinsale people

Purlease someone........

Look if people want to share, I was in a Mothercare in Hull in 1999 and ALL the staff were very rude to me. I'm not sure whether it was because I was a foreigner or whether it was because I was a woman or whether it was because I was left handed or whether it was because a traveller (I travelled to Hull from Limerick!!) or because I'm not tall or perhaps it was on some other incriminating grounds.

I was unable to ascertain if any of the staff were from or had relatives from Kinsale.

Waterford, Ireland
Level Contributor
6,414 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
70. Re: Kinsale people

Oh for heavens sake, some fool opens a TA account and revives a dead thread to prove that all rude Kinsale people are Brits. Will TA for goodness sake close this thread.

Get answers to your questions about Kinsale
Recent Conversations