We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation

St. Croix
Level Contributor
93 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Accommodation

What is the difference between a Townhouse, Country House, and Guesthouse?

Any opinions on The White House, Danabel, or any other places. Would like to stay under 50 a night per person.

Ireland
Level Contributor
28 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accommodation

Town house is in the town

Country house not in the town but in the country

A guesthouse could be in either town or country

It will be hard to stay at under €50 a night in Kinsale, unless you choose B & B

Great place though a bit yachty, lol but maybe you are one too.

Enjoy

Co. Kildare
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
8,736 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accommodation

To be quite honest I cannot tell you the difference between a townhouse and a guesthouse but a country house is definitely in the country, possibly miles away from the nearest town or village. This suits a lot of people.

I have stayed in the White House a few times over the years. This is slap bang in the centre of town and quite nice. The food in the bar is really very good. They also have music in the bar (we had to leave last year because it was so noisy).

Last year we stayed in Danabel which is on top of the town, about 5 minutes walk down a very steep hill (you come out on the same road as The White House), about 10 minutes back up (depending on how fit you are). It was quiet, clean and pleasant and had off-street parking). Not the most up-to-date accommodation but we were happy enough with it.

Cork
Level Contributor
768 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accommodation

Is the "50" per night per person 50 Euro? What time of year are you intending travelling? For example, The Trident Hotel (rooms are quite nice - I stayed there in November even though I live here) has rates from 45 Euro per person sharing www.tridenthotel.com up till about May or so and then it goes up. As Clauds says, the The White House is in the middle of the town and Danabel is up the hill a bit but still walking distance. Check out www.kinsale.ie

St. Croix
Level Contributor
93 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Accommodation

Any opinions on Waterlands?

Oklahoma City
Level Contributor
171 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Accommodation

I've stayed at the Kilcaw House a mile outside of town. Nice place, and nice owners too. They have a website www.kilcawhouse.com

Get answers to your questions about Kinsale