We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

San Antonio B&B / Nightlife

Which Kinsale hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Providence, Rhode...
2 posts
Save Topic
San Antonio B&B / Nightlife

Hello,

Has anyone stayed at or know of the San Antonio Bed and Breakfast?

I cannot find much about it.

Also any recommendations for nightlife in Kinsale besides eating?

I am interested in local music/talent.

Thanks.

Providence, Rhode...
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: San Antonio B&B / Nightlife

I should have mentioned that the San Antonio B&B I am wondering about is in Kinsale, Co. Cork.

Boulder, CO
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: San Antonio B&B / Nightlife

I stayed there years ago. The proprietor, Jimmie Conron, is very friendly and spends time talking with his guests. He's also a local musician who plays in the pubs. He doesn't have online registration, so you have to phone to get more information, at +353772341. The house itself is near the center of town, and has a lovely slate front.

Ireland
Level Contributor
532 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: San Antonio B&B / Nightlife

San Antonio is in a good location - right in the town but quiet. As the previous poster said Jimmy Conran is a musician and a very good one. There's always music in the pubs - whatever you like - rock, traditional,reggae, jazz - especially at weekends. There are also nightclubs like Bacchus (any age group) or the White Lady (young) and a late bar/club The Seanachai (young).

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: San Antonio B&B / Nightlife

We stayed 5 days in Kinsale September 2008.The local pub/hotel music scene was active if uncomfortable-standing room only in the pubs.Best was Blue Haven Hotel who on the Saturday night had an excellent solo female singer with clik tracks backing.She appeared "on stage" 1 hour after scheduled start,mixed with her mates between songs,wasn't that interested in her audience but I thought she was excellent.I did rather get the impression of Locals OK, visitors-tolerated.It might be different this year as I understand trade is quiet.

I liked Kinsale.My first visit to Ireland.But although the tourist is important to the economy there wasn't much of a welcome,except from Michael and Anne our hosts at Desmond House.

Ireland
Level Contributor
532 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: San Antonio B&B / Nightlife

Wirralscouse - Kinsale has the largest number of British residents in Ireland and it's quite likely that a lot of people would assume you're a resident unless you said. That could account for your feeling of not being welcomed. A British accent in Kinsale is very common.

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: San Antonio B&B / Nightlife

Thanks for that Alto.You could well be right.Kinsale-Sort of place I would be happy to reside in,scenic and by the sea-just like where I live now.Except we don't have the vast selection of decent restaurants to choose from.Loved the food in Jim Edwards,suits me if the accent is on the food more so than the decor.And Jola's-excellent all round, food and the place.

7. Re: San Antonio B&B / Nightlife

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:25 am, November 17, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Kinsale