We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

unexpected trip- will B&B's be available?

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
236 posts
86 reviews
Save Topic
unexpected trip- will B&B's be available?

I have the unexpected pleasure of going to Ireland at the last minute next week- planning to rent a car and hit the countryside. If I check in at the Irish Tourist Board in the towns I visit, am I likely to find a place to stay in B&B's for the night?

Co. Kildare
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
8,837 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: unexpected trip- will B&B's be available?

Gemini, in principle there shouldn't be any problems with the local tourist information offices getting accommodation for you. But please be aware that Monday, the 2nd of June, is a bank holiday here which means B&Bs and hotels will have been booked in advanced for a good while now because people tend to take advantage of the long weekend.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
236 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: unexpected trip- will B&B's be available?

So places will be booked up for that whole weekend, not just june 2, and I should make arrangements for all three of those nights? That's so helpful to know.

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
13,568 posts
367 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: unexpected trip- will B&B's be available?

Gemini, you posted on the Kinsale forum and if you are going there I recommend you look at www.kinsale.ie it's a really good site and has links to B&B's as well as lots of other stuff. They even have a list of the top 101 things to do in Kinsale!!! Verrrrry Clever.

I agree with others, you may need to start looking for accomm right away. On Bank hol weekends, Irish citizens as well as visitors to the country take advantage of the three day break and take off for a mini break. Many will not stay on Monday night but most will do at least friday and Saturday nights.

Other than that, it's not peak holiday season yet so any other days should be easy enough to get a place.

4. Re: unexpected trip- will B&B's be available?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:19 am, September 29, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Kinsale