We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Q When is a Ramada not a Ramada?

Galway
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Q When is a Ramada not a Ramada?

A When its in Ballina.

Ramada had a huge row with the owner/builder and pulled out of running the hotel

I was told it was a Ramada, and I think we booked under false pretences.

There are no managers, or competent staff, terrible atmosphere, the owner shouts and swears at the staff in the bar, its a disgrace.

Dont stay there, go to mount falcon at least its friendly. and the pool is lovely, the manor house one is still not done, they have been open for ages.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
55,170 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Q When is a Ramada not a Ramada?

Is a Ramada a good thing? (Seriously, here in the States I wouldn't stay at one...and I have some pretty low standards lol)

Are their European properties more upscale than Ramadas in the US, anyone know?

UK
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Q When is a Ramada not a Ramada?

I take it you work at Mount Falcon then? you seem to be really cheesed off about the hotel being owned by builders - it really doesn't matter who owns the hotel as long as the service is decent and they are doing well.

On my trip I have no complaints - I think you must be a competitor trying to run it into the ground - not very nice, and doesn't say much for your business ethic!

3. Re: Q When is a Ramada not a Ramada?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:21 am, September 04, 2009