We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Dingle busy at the moment ?

County Meath...
Level Contributor
3,302 posts
132 reviews
Save Topic
Is Dingle busy at the moment ?

Just wondering if there is a decline in tourists ?

Whats the weather been like ???

England, United...
Level Contributor
1,746 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Is Dingle busy at the moment ?

Hello Dingle fans, we spent 2 nights, 3 days in Dingle 7/8/9 June and had a fabulous time. Its years since I`d been there so cant comment on how busy or otherwise it was - we were able to park easily enough, and the roads were not too crowded with tour buses, which was lovely for us but maybe not so good for the tourist economy. Our b and b was pretty full the two nights we stayed.

We were blessed with good weather, only one real downpour when we arrived and tried a very windswept walk on Inch Strand, marvelous but we got very very wet -, then a short sharp shower when we were at Dunbeg Fort, but otherwise we had bright clear skies which meant we could really appreciate the scenery and views over to the Blaskets on the Slea Head Drive. We were able to do a bit of walking on the glorious beaches, and the pilgrim path by Kilmalkeder Church, and I am still dreaming about the colours of the sea, the cliffs, fields etc. If you saw those colours on a postcard you would think they had been "touched up" by the photographer, they were so spectacular,no wonder artists are inspired by this landscape, and sure enough those same colours are represented in the many craft shops in Dingle town, some lovely things to buy, we had trouble restraining ourselves.

We really enjoyed Dingle town, but would have to agree with an earlier poster that prices for eating in the evenings were a bit steep - lots of empty seats in some of the restaurants, although we had decent basic meals at a couple of places on the harbour - and the Murphy`s ice cream was to die for. I was in Dublin a few weeks ago and found that prices for good food were more reasonable there.

. We were on holiday in Ireland for two weeks, and just couldn`t run to eating out at those prices every night, although the menus looked fantastic and I am sure the quality of the food was excellent.

One interesting " event" when we were there, was the influx of student teachers from all over Ireland who were spending the obligatory period of time in the Gaeltacht and made the pubs very lively in the evenings - each night was like a fashion show! Such beautiful young things -made us feel a bit ancient though. When we were crawling back to our b and b and bed the night was only beginning for the younger visitors - oh for that stamina...

I have reviewed our b and b and Murphys ice cream already, nothing but praise for both places, and I couldn`t recommend Dingle enough to anyone thinking of visiting. Next time hopefully we will spend more time, as I would have loved to get to Great Blasket and do a bit more walking in some of the locations which others on the Dingle Forum have recommended. The Dingle and Beara peninsulas really were the highlights of this holiday for us, although there were lots of other special places and experiences.

Will definitely be back, and (with sons help) will try posting some photos in due course.

Florida
Level Contributor
1,015 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Is Dingle busy at the moment ?

spiceloft

LOL I was also in the Aquarium on Tuesday-- afternoon. Loved seeing those sharks at eye level, and the penguins too

Ellen

23. Re: Is Dingle busy at the moment ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 am, October 03, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Dingle