We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quickest way to get from Tralee to Dingle.

Tralee, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Tralee
Level Contributor
4,083 posts
80 reviews
Save Topic
Quickest way to get from Tralee to Dingle.

The following was told a local radio this morning and brought a smile: A tourist enters the Garda station in Tralee. He asks the duty sergeant: What is the quickest way to get to Dingle. The sergeant asks: Are you walking or driving? The tourist says driving. 'That's the quickest way,' comes the reply.

Co. Kildare
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
9,020 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Quickest way to get from Tralee to Dingle.

I think I heard this one about 30 years ago...

But thanks for the giggle, spiceloft!

Ventry, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle Peninsula
Level Contributor
7,774 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Quickest way to get from Tralee to Dingle.

Kerry is rich in archeological treasures - including gags

Cavan
Destination Expert
for County Cavan
Level Contributor
4,534 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Quickest way to get from Tralee to Dingle.

Patrick, at school one day was asked an arithmatic question by his teacher.

"Now Patrick I want you to tell me, if there were thirty one sheep in a field and seven escaped, how many sheep would there be left in the field"?

"None sir", came the reply

"That is not the answer I was looking for Patrick, you have not learned your arithmatic" said the teacher;

"And no sir", said the boy;

"In Kerry, you have not learned the ways of sheep either!!.

england
Level Contributor
5,438 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Quickest way to get from Tralee to Dingle.

on our first visit - many years ago now, we were puzzled by the licensing laws, pubs seemed to be always open, Hubby asked a local chap 'when do the pubs close?' . The answer came, with a straight face, 'September'.

Co. Kildare
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
9,020 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Quickest way to get from Tralee to Dingle.

fuchsiagirl, that was probably the same guy who when asked what time the pubs closed in that particular village just looked at us and said "close?"....

Ventry, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle Peninsula
Level Contributor
7,774 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Quickest way to get from Tralee to Dingle.

A farmer in the west Kerry Gaeltacht came upon a hiker kneeling by a pool in his field. The hiker was scooping up water in his hand to drink.

The farmer called to him in Irish "don't drink the water, it's full of cow dung"

The hiker said in English "I have no idea what you are saying, peasant. Can't you speak English, you fool"

The farmer answered in English "sorry sir! Why don't you use both hands. You will get more to drink that way"

7. Re: Quickest way to get from Tralee to Dingle.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, April 08, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Dingle