We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Galway to Killarney

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
109 posts
77 reviews
Save Topic
Galway to Killarney

How long does it take to drive from Galway to Killarney? We want to view Cliffs of Moher and take ferry across Shannon River. WOnder if we will have time to see Dingle at all. We will only have 2 nights in Killarney. First trip to area, going with our two young boys. It's hard to plan itinerary.

Mentioned in this post
Galway
Galway
County Galway, Ireland
Killarney
Killarney
County Kerry, Ireland
Shannon
Shannon
County Clare, Ireland
Dingle
Dingle
Dingle Peninsula, Ireland
Co. Kildare
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
9,179 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Galway to Killarney

brocha, I also answered on your other post. If you want to see the Cliffs of Moher on your way from Galway to Killarney you will definitely not have time to see Dingle as well.

I think you should plan for almost a day's journey to Killarney, quite simply because you will want to take your time at the Cliffs and since you have your two young boys with you you might want to stop more often.

Mentioned in this post
Galway
Galway
County Galway, Ireland
Dingle
Dingle
Killarney
Killarney
County Kerry, Ireland
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
109 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Galway to Killarney

Clauds- Thanks, you sure are informed about the area...I really appreciate your insight. We will just have to go back to see Dingle. It's so hard to judge from maps.

Mentioned in this post
Dingle
Dingle
Huntington Beach
Level Contributor
83 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Galway to Killarney

I don't think you should go the Dingle, but I would recommend stopping in the Burren to explore the Ailwee Caves, which the boys would really enjoy. The Cliffs of Moher will only take may 46 min to an hour to see then off to the Ferry crossing and down to Killarney. It will be a long day but with stops you will be able to do it, I have.

Mentioned in this post
Killarney
Killarney
County Kerry, Ireland
Co. Kildare
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
9,179 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Galway to Killarney

Good idea, socalldy!

5. Re: Galway to Killarney

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, August 19, 2009