We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to travel from Kenmare to Shannon at night

Wiesbaden, Germany
1 post
Save Topic
How to travel from Kenmare to Shannon at night

Hello,

we are spending some days in Kenmare and my friend has to take the flight at 10h10 in the morning from Shannon. I already checked the busses, there is only one from Killarney at 18h30 in the evening, so he would have to spend the whole night at the airport. Are there any other bus services or maybe night-lines to get to Shannon?

Thanks for your help!!

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
Level Contributor
26,789 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to travel from Kenmare to Shannon at night

No nightlines from Kenmare to Shannon.

It takes over 3 hours to get from Kenmare to Shannon and check in is a minimum of 1 hour beforehand for European flights, 2-3 hours for Transatlantic flights.

That means 10h10 less 4.5 to 6.5 hours.

The alternative would be to drive to Bantry and see if you can get a later bus from Bantry to Cork City, then get another bus from Cork to Limerick and another bus from Limerick to Shannon.

I really don't think you are going to get the type of answer you want from your explorations.

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Southport, Connemara, County Clare, Portumna
Level Contributor
19,048 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to travel from Kenmare to Shannon at night

Possibly best to get to Limerick and spend the night there then get the local 343 service to Shannon (takes 45mins) starts at 5am then 6 & 7 am

3. Re: How to travel from Kenmare to Shannon at night

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, March 05, 2014