We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommadations near the fun

Which Kenmare hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kill Devil Hills...
Level Contributor
49 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Accommadations near the fun

I originally posted asking for a B&B in town close for my mom who has trouble walking. The suggestions were good but above pubs only. I have been outvoted by my travel mates, no pub accommodations, too loud. So is there a great B&B right in town that is really close to everything? We are renting a car so we can drive mom but would love to be able to stumble home after a pub night.

Earth
Level Contributor
1,751 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Accommadations near the fun

Landsdowne Arms Hotel

Virginia's

Arthur's Lodge Wood

The Lodge

Willow Lodge

BTW, I recommended O'Donnabhains. Although it is a pub the accommodation wing is built behind the pub area and on the second and third floors. That way there is no noise from the pub filtering into the bedrooms. If you are scared then skip it.

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
13,388 posts
373 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accommadations near the fun

Virginia is one of the most central in town and it's not over a pub, althought it is over (a very good) restaurant, but we experienced no noise there when we stayed.

The only problem with Virginias for your mom might be the stairs. The stairs is the only way up to the accommodation. It is one flight, my recollection - about 15 steps. It could pose a problem for anyone with mobility problems, however other than that we found Virginias to be very good.

Parking is 'on-street' and this was not a problem either.

I did not stay in Lansdowne arms but a friend did and liked it very much.

Edited: 2:38 am, July 24, 2011
3. Re: Accommadations near the fun

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:18 am, October 09, 2012