We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Listowel Races Tickets

Level Contributor
3 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Listowel Races Tickets

Hello,

I am planning to attend the Listowel Races in September 2013. I usually go to the race meet in Saratoga Springs, NY and you are required to purchase tickets for reserved seating over 6 months in advance. Admission to the racecourse is for standing room only. Could someone please tell me if the September race meet at Listowel is the same? If I would like a seat in the stands should I purchase an advance ticket or is seating first come first served once admission to the racecourse is purchased?

Thank you for your help!

6 replies to this topic
Co. Tipperary...
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Listowel Races Tickets

There is no need, to buy tickets in advance, it is possible to buy them at the turnstiles on the day of the meeting. It is possible to buy an extra ticket for the seats in one of the stands, all other stands are open, and usually people only go into the stands to watch the race. The really busy days are Wednesday, the day of the Kerry National and Friday (Ladies Day), crowds can be up to 25 thousand people on that day. What you should be thinking of is booking accommodation if you have not already done so, alot of the registered accommodation is booked out from year to year. Check out "listoweraces.ie" website for details. Hope this is of help.

Level Contributor
3 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Listowel Races Tickets

Thank you for answering my question. I had tried searching the Listowel Races website but had no luck finding ticketing information, so I really appreciate the first-hand advice! I am planning to attend the races on Tuesday, so it's good to know that I should be avoiding the busiest days. I've already made a reservation a little ways out of town, so I should be good to go with accommodations.

Thanks again for your help! Looking forward to attending the races!

London, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Listowel Races Tickets

There are no seating arrangements @ Listowel Races but you will enjoy the crack

London, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Listowel Races Tickets

There are no seating arrangements @ Listowel but you will enjoy the crack

Level Contributor
3 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Listowel Races Tickets

Thank you both for your response and advice! It is very helpful as I'm planning my trip! Would either of you happen to know where I could get information about what time of day the races start? I haven't been able to find any information regarding post times on the Listowel Races website.

Thank you!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
60 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Listowel Races Tickets

Thanks for these answers as my family & I will be traveling from Australia and will attend 2 days of the carnival in Sept 2014.

Reply to: Listowel Races Tickets
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted