We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bluebells

Which Sudbury hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London England
Level Contributor
2 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Bluebells

I would like to celebrate a special birthday with a picnic in a bluebell wood. Can anyone help me with suggestions of a suitable wood near to Sudbury.

My thanks in anticipation.

2 replies to this topic
Stowmarket, United...
Level Contributor
1,067 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bluebells

Hi I would suggest having a gander at www.woodlandtrust.org.uk, not sure about Sudbury, but a wee bit North I have been to Priestly Wood near Needham Market, it had amazing flowers, in spring it has a carpet of Bluebells, as well as lots of Elms. Also Haughley Park, which is privatly owned, opens 2 sundays a year to allow public access to the bluebells.

Sudbury, United...
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Bluebells

The Bluebells are fantastic in Arger Fenn. which is near Assington. Its about 7 miles from Sudbury and is probably the most popular place for locals to see the bluebells.

Warning. I was planning a trip there myself on Sunday but will have to postpone as the bluebells are not out yet. They are late because of the severe winter conditions we have been experiencing.

On Google maps here

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl=en&z=15&ll=51.98238,0.80977&q=51.98238,0.80977+%28Arger+Fen+%26+Spouse%27s+Vale+-+CO8+5BN%29

Reply to: Bluebells
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Sudbury