We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Matlock Illuminations

Which Matlock hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Tipton
Level Contributor
1 post
13 reviews
Save Topic
Matlock Illuminations

I am considering taking 49 people to \Matlock Illuminations on Saturday 13th October. We plan to arrive around 2 p.m.the journey from home is 2 hours travel. Members of the party will be over 60 years of age and some with mobility problems. The entertainment does not start until 7 p.m. and Matlock Bath looks a small place with limited places to spend 4/5 hours plus the coach parking charges are a little steep. I was wondering if any group organiser has any suggestions what to do or where to go, is the event worth while?

Comments would be very welcome. Thank you

2 replies to this topic
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
552 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Matlock Illuminations

I don't know how much you know about the illumination, they are rowing boats decorated with lights and moving parts that sail down the river. To soo them you must line up along the river. If any of your coach party have mobility issues it's a lot of standing. They are nice and we have been many times with our children.

There is a small childrens fair and some 'street entertainers' such a jugglers/ fire eaters etc which are normally good, and on certain nights a firework display.

Again all these things require a lot of standing unless you can grab a park bench or something.

There are numerous cafe's and chip shop's along the main street but they're all quite small.

Sorry cant help with possible other options for parties.

England
Destination Expert
for Peak District National Park
Level Contributor
4,576 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Matlock Illuminations

I would agree that 4-5 hours is too long to spend in Matlock Bath - maybe you need to stop-off somewhere en route, such as Castleton or Bakewell.

P-t-B

Reply to: Matlock Illuminations
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Matlock