We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

afternoon tea

Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Topic
afternoon tea

Hi, Im visiting chesterfield for a two night stay, staying at the ringwood hall hotel in brimington. Has anyone one any recommendations for a nice place for afternoon tea please? thanks holly

6 replies to this topic
Sheffield
Level Contributor
4,760 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: afternoon tea

Have you a car? I like the Post Office at Edensor (next to Chatsworth House).

Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: afternoon tea

yes we have a car to travel around. thank you I'll have a look

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
917 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: afternoon tea

Just be warned that we were refused an afternoon tea at Edensor because we hadn't booked it. There were plenty of spare tables so that wasn't the problem - they apparently just like notice to prepare the tea.

I'd suggest any of these places, all of which are a similar distance away from Chesterfield.

The Cavendish Hotel at Baslow (scrummy)

East Lodge Hotel at Rowsley (scrummy and they also do a special champagne tea)

Lavender Tea Rooms in Bakewell (scrummy but a smaller place, beautifully and eclectically furnished).

You're spolied for choice now.

Pity that we can't suggest anything in Chesterfield itself.

Essex
Level Contributor
28,428 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: afternoon tea

The Cafe at the Chatsworth Farm shop at Pilsley is not bad for an "en-spec" tea, and parking is free.

The Stables cafe, up by the house itself is also good, but you have to pay for parking there, now...

Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: afternoon tea

thank you for your replies.

outside of chesterfield is fine we will be having a drive round to see different places. think bakewell will be our best town spoilt for choice. I will have a look at your suggestions on the internet thank you

holly

1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: afternoon tea

We were refused afternoon tea also, still enjoyed a lovely meal x

Reply to: afternoon tea
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted