We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Castlerock By Train - so simple

Belfast Northern...
1 post
Save Topic
Castlerock By Train - so simple

I recently decided to travel from Belfast to Castlerock by train and what a surprise i got. Firstly the train was brand spanking new, quiet, comfortable and overall very pleasant. On arrival at Castlerock we went for a beautiful walk on the beach followed by afternoon tea at the Golf Hotel overlooking the Ocean. It was such a lovely day that next time we are staying.

Mentioned in this post
Belfast
Belfast
Northern Ireland, UK
Coleraine, N.Ireland
3 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Castlerock By Train - so simple

Just a tip from a local ... the next time try taking the train the whole way to Derry ... from Castlerock to the Docks at Lisahally is reckoned (By John Craven .. no less) to be one of the top 5 railway trips in Europe. Castlerock - Downhill (under Mussendun Temple) - Benone - Magilligan - Myroe Levels - Ballykelly - Eglinton (Derry Airport) - Campsie - Lisahally and under the New Bridge (25 years old) into Derry station.

As I say - I'm local and may be a wee tad biased. We don't boast about it because we like to keep it for ourselves!

Mentioned in this post
Derry
Derry
County Londonderry, UK
Europe
Europe
World
Get answers to your questions about Castlerock