We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Antrim House

Chicago
Level Contributor
36 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Antrim House

I'm thinking about staying here this summer, but there are only 3 reviews. Has anyone stayed here recently or know anything about it?

Thanks!

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Southport, Connemara, County Clare, Portumna
Level Contributor
19,607 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Antrim House

I cant comment on Antrim House but can recommend Avarest guest house.

http://www.avarest.co.uk/portal/

Earth
Level Contributor
1,751 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Antrim House

Tony, Did you personally stay at Averest? I cannot stand a grubby accommodation. Was it real clean? Thank you.

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
19,607 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Antrim House

Have stayed there 3 times over 6 years, last was probably 18 months ago. It is not super modern purpose built, but it is a clean well run accommodation with owners who care about their guests. There are a good number of reviews about the property on many sites including this one.

tripadvisor.ie/Hotel_Review-g209952-d624511-…

Earth
Level Contributor
1,751 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Antrim House

Thanks Tony. I'm going to be in the area soon and need to decide between B&Bs and self catering. Avarest looks like one for my list.

Chicago
Level Contributor
36 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Antrim House

I'm concerned about street parking with the Avarest since we will be there on a weekend in July. Should I be concerned or is it never really a problem?

Northern Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
8,552 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Antrim House

Parking is free and unrestricted outside Avarest....according to the website, but as it is july, spaces may be few and far between, unless of course, this is private parking for guests !

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
19,607 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Antrim House

As said there is street parking outside and it is above the Harbour on a quiet street, I would not worry about being unable to park within 50 yards of the door.

Portrush, United...
Level Contributor
340 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Antrim House

In July you may have trouble parking close to B&B a lot of the workers in the town park on that street in july as the summer parking restrictions come in to play, there is a massive car park a short distance away and lots of free parking about 300 mts away. I've never known anyone stay in Antrim house, its a very old property but may be good inside. most of the mre modern B&B's are futher out of town as a lot of the old B&B's were bought up during the property boom and are not lying empty or turned in apartments(also empty!!(

9. Re: Antrim House

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, September 25, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Portrush