We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dinner Suggestions

Jensen Beach...
Level Contributor
391 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Dinner Suggestions

HI

To all the locals: We will be staying in Bushmills in Sept. for two nights and I am looking for places to eat with great food and atmosphere and where you a local would venture to.

Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated.

Thank you

BW

North Coast, N...
Destination Expert
for Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
5,391 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dinner Suggestions

The locals favourite without question is the ramore wine bar at the harbour in Portrush. Great food, huge menu, lively atmosphere and always busy! Its sister restaurants (the harbour bistro, mermaids and coast are also very popular). You can't book for small numbers and you always have to wait. At weekends in summer it is crazy busy and they may stop taking names at 8pm

Menus are online.

If you like seafood, jackman and pye in portrush is popular and can be booked.

Bushmills has tartine, french rooms and the bushmills inn. All tend to be more expensive, smaller helpings and more geared to tourists

All have a pretty good reputation for quality. Not sure how lively they'd be. Tartine would be more upmarket and intimate.

Mentioned in this post
Portrush
Portrush
County Antrim, UK
North Coast, N...
Destination Expert
for Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
5,391 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dinner Suggestions

Just realised your going in September. I'd still go up to an hour before you want to eat if going to the ramore wine bar wed - sat but you should still get in ok.

North Coast, N...
Destination Expert
for Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
5,391 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dinner Suggestions

Just realised you're going in September. I'd still go up to an hour before you want to eat if going to the ramore wine bar wed - sat but you should still get in ok.

Jensen Beach...
Level Contributor
391 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dinner Suggestions

Thank you ponaire for the info I will definitely write these down and look them:)

BW

5. Re: Dinner Suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:15 am, May 02, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Bushmills
More Bushmills Topics