We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lodging within walking distance of Dunluce Castle

Which Bushmills hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Denver, Colorado
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Lodging within walking distance of Dunluce Castle

I am planning to attend the Van Morrison concert at Dunluce Castle on June 7th. Do you know of any lodging nearby? I am arriving at Belfast International Airport. What is a good way to get to Bushmills from there if I don't want to hire a car?

Belfast
Level Contributor
2,210 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lodging within walking distance of Dunluce Castle

You would need to stay in Portballintrae, Bushmills,or Portrush,all of which would be a good walk after a gig. From the Int Airport get the Airport bus 300 to the Europa bus center and a bus or train from Belfast to where ever you end up staying.

Bus and rail are run by Translink and you can check out your options on this link

http://www.translink.co.uk/Journey-Planner/

Denver, Colorado
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Lodging within walking distance of Dunluce Castle

Thanks for the information, Bobby. It is most helpful. On my searches on the web, I have come accross this bed and breakfast place called Portcaman House B&B which is located at 11 Priestland Road in Bushmills which is supposed to be only 3.5 Km from Dunluce Castle. Do you know of that place? Thank you so much again for your reply.

Belfast
Level Contributor
2,210 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lodging within walking distance of Dunluce Castle

Sorry i dont know anything about it except the distance is right, Ponaire might know of it,

It seems to get good enough reviews , i would book something soon , that gig is getting big hype here and will sell out.

Dunseverick, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lodging within walking distance of Dunluce Castle

Tramway B & B is the closest. Look at the TripAdvisor Hotel/B &B map for Bushmills. The walk is along Dunluce Road, the A2.

North Coast, N...
Destination Expert
for Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
5,370 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lodging within walking distance of Dunluce Castle

Im away at mo so only limited access to internet but I'd be reluctant to stay in priestland road as it is on the coleraine side of bushmills and would involve walking on back roads so I would seriously consider getting a taxi. Translink may put on special buses to the event so you could try contacting them or coleraine borough council tourism dept for info on that as it may increase your options.

Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
398 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lodging within walking distance of Dunluce Castle

Hi,

the Priestland Road is classed as a "B" road but is is a proper main road with footpaths etc. This B&B would a good location and i'm sure there will be enough local taxis about should you not want to walk.

Hope this helps a little

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
2,892 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lodging within walking distance of Dunluce Castle

Surely there are bound to be park and ride services for this event? I would suspect the NW200 pits between Portrush and Portstewart a likely parking area.

Oviedo, Spain
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Lodging within walking distance of Dunluce Castle

I am also attending Van´s concert on the 7th and I have book at Valley View Country House (www.valleyviewbushmillsaccommodation.com). It has a great standing and it´s near Dunluce Castle.

Hope to see you then!

Denver, Colorado
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Lodging within walking distance of Dunluce Castle

Sholka,

Thank you for your post. I ended up booking at a nearby place called the Pyjama Factory which is supposed to be only a couple of miles from Dunluce Castle.

Did you get your concert ticket mailed to you or are you going to pick it up at the gate? I will have to pick up mine at the gate on the day of the concert (Friday June 7th).

Are you renting a car to get to Bushmills or are you taking public transportation? I have my trip from Belfast International Airport to Bushmills pretty much figured out by bus and/or train, but for my return trip from Bushmills to Belfast Airport, I haven't quite figured out what to do yet because my flight back to the U.S. is an early morning flight on Monday June 10th and there does not seem to be many options available even if I decide to leave Bushmills on Sunday. Hopefuly I will figure something out.

This will be such a great concert and a historic event. It will be so wonderful to see Van's fans gathered in this beautiful setting.

Hope to see you there!

North Coast, N...
Destination Expert
for Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
5,370 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Lodging within walking distance of Dunluce Castle

Valleyview is a very good guesthouse in a rural setting but definitely not within walking distance of Dunluce. But it would be a cheap enough taxi ride. B&B owners are often very good at helping arrange taxis etc so they'll help you get sorted:)

With an early morning flight if you don't want to pay for a taxi from Bushmills, the easiest option would actually be to head back to Belfast on the sunday and stay some

where close to the great victoria street area (days inn would be the closest budget hotel although the ibis and premier inn (alfred st) are within reasonable walking distance also) then take the airport bus from the europa bus station on the Monday morning.

close to the great victoria street area

Edited: 1:05 am, May 10, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Bushmills
More Bushmills Topics