We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

English lady searching ancestry wishing to visit draperstown

Which Cookstown hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Clanfield, Hampshire
1 post
Save Topic
English lady searching ancestry wishing to visit draperstown

I'm looking for the Hepburn family who owned a farm I think in Draperstown, certainly had a farm anyway. My grandmothers name was Mary Jane Hepburn and her mother died very young about 1903 my great grandmothers maiden name I think was Moore. That's all the information except to say she came to the UK and never came back to Ireland and I don't know why. My mother is dead now and I would love to visit Draperstown and see the family too.

Draperstown
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: English lady searching ancestry wishing to visit draperstown

Draperstown is in the Parish of Ballinascreen in the county of Derry OR L'derry

It is a beautiful place to be especially in the summer, people are friendly and the "craic is mighty"

www.irishgenealogy.ie

gives births and marriages in derry county

search by surname

Mary Ann Moore married to William John Hepburn in 1984

could this be your great grandmother and great grandfather

N Ireland
Level Contributor
80 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: English lady searching ancestry wishing to visit draperstown

Hi, I'm from Draperstown. If it's any help to you there are still some Hepburn's living in Draperstown. It's quite an unusual name for that area, so I think it's quite possible they could be related to you. I dont know them personally but I know there's a family called Hepburn who leave on the 'Sandy Lane' - a lane between Cahore Road and Drumard Road, which is a farming area.

Hope this is some help!

Amsterdam
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: English lady searching ancestry wishing to visit draperstown

Mary Jane Hepburn's mother (Mary Anne Moore) died sometime after 1911 according to the 1911 Census:

Drumard, Maghera, Ballynascreen parish

William J. HEPBURN/ Head /40 /Farmer/ LDY

Mary A./36/LDY

Annie dau 15/LDY

James son 12 /LDY

David son 10/LDY

Maggie dau 8/LDY

George son 6 /LDY

William John son 4/LDY

Mary Jane dau 2 /LDY

Joseph A. son 1 mo /LDY

Heop that helps.

Brad Hepburn

www.hepburnofdonegal.com

Northumberland
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: English lady searching ancestry wishing to visit draperstown

My name is Fredeick Hepburn, the English lady I believe is the Daughter of either my cousin Ann Davies who married Dave Brench or my cousin Richard Davies. I live in the North East of England and my father David Hepburn is the brother of Mary Jane Hepburn.

5. Re: English lady searching ancestry wishing to visit draperstown

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 pm, October 19, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Cookstown