We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Room Choice

Orillia, Canada
Level Contributor
424 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Room Choice

I will be staying in a beach villa in early February and would prefer the shady side of the island so I have a place to escape the intense sun.Is the shady side also the windy side? I just want to put in my request as to which side of the island I would like even though I know Vilamendhoo will not gaurentee the request.

Thanks in advance for any information.

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
8,271 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Room Choice

Hi

You will have a porch on your BV which has some welcome shade , you will also have palm trees dotted around on the beach out side of the BV so you can always find somwere shady to sit.

We visited Vilamendhoo mid Feb last year and didn't get much breeze .

Please feel free to read our review on Vilamendhoo, it will get you in the mood :-)

Enjoy Vilamendhoo,, lucky you

Darryl

Cumbria, United...
Level Contributor
210 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Room Choice

Hi

The windy side during the northeast monsoon season in Feb will be along BV 132 to 196. Plenty of shade as some villas are set back a bit. We stayed in villa 175 right next to the double palms. If a view of a sunset is important then you want to picking BV 227 to 241 at this time of year but will feel much hotter.

3. Re: Room Choice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, January 16, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Vilamendhoo