We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon with baby

5 posts
Save Topic
Honeymoon with baby

Hi all looking for some advice we are hoping to go to Vila for our honeymoon beginning of oct 2013 with our baby daughter who will be 16 months at the time! What attracted us to Vila was snorkeling and price we also saw an FAQ on their website saying they offer babysitting I know it might sound strange but we don't want to go to a resort overrun by kids just somewhere decent with ace snorkeling and babysitting! Is Vila the place?

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,179 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Honeymoon with baby

Would be a good idea to post after the holiday, will help other people travelling with very young children, it's a question that gets asked often on here.

5 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Honeymoon with baby

I definitely will do I've really had to search for info and will include it in my review too! I've only found 1 review of Vila that mentions babysitting!

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
8,938 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Honeymoon with baby

Hi

Replant

If you don't fancy blasting your baby with Deet ,,,take a look at a product called Smidge That Midge , it's something I found last year and tryed it recently and found it to be brilliant ;-) other members have allso tryed it and are also very impressed

Good luck

Darryl

Belfast
Level Contributor
767 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Honeymoon with baby

You should email the resort (reservations@vilamendhooisland.com) to check that they still provide a babysitting service, & how much it is. In 2011 they were charging $15 per hour so I'm sure it's dearer now.

If you do go there, then I would suggest you take some sort of sling/backpack that doubles as a seat for your toddler as all the paths are sand & pushing a pushchair around will be doable but difficult, especially on the beaches. Vila is a really nice island & you will love it.

5 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Honeymoon with baby

Thank you all again for your advice! I emailed the resort directly and they replied really quickly! They offer babysitting at $10 USD p/h which is great and provide cot and highchair. We have booked our honeymoon and I can't wait! Yay.

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
8,938 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Honeymoon with baby

Hi

Good luck for your wedding and have a great honeymoon in paredise ;-)

Lucky you ;-)

Darryl

17. Re: Honeymoon with baby

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, May 19, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Vilamendhoo